Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Blind Leading The Blind

A year ago, in August of 2010, I began my adventure with making animations for SecondLife and Open Sim virtual worlds. I downloaded this wonderful - FREE!! - program called QAvimator and was off and running. A very intuitive program, it was a pleasure getting my feet wet and in no time at all I had "something".

So, a year has passed and while I do not consider my self any kind of expert at animations, I decided I would share what information and pointers I have garnered through that year.

First off, where to download the program: QAvimator

There are screen shots there and even a small tutorial. There are a number of tuts on Youtube also and various other places on the web. I won't attempt to duplicate others' work in that aspect, but merely to add here the things I have learned and collected that sometimes seem a bit obscure.

So keep your eyes peeled for little bits of this and that to find themselves here.

1 comment:

  1. FIrst rule of Qavimator... save.. save .. save...save.. save incrementally, so you can go back... its not fun when you have an animation just right, then to to tweak and something gets whacked and you try to go back...but to no avail...
    Cheers
    Strand

    ReplyDelete